to purchase prints and cards of her artwork go to
If you see an artwork on this website that you like but it's already sold - please contact Sophia as she does commissions.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
I think these are all fantastic - my personal favorites are highlighted ....
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Record your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My purpose is to____ today."
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you have before.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts .
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life .
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king or queen, lunch like a prince or princess and dinner like a college kid.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about .
24. Burn the candles, use the nice bed sheets, Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years,will this matter?"
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business .
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change. So stop complaining about the weather, the job, the rents etc etc
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
34. The best is yet to come.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
36. Do the right thing!
37. Call your family often.
38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:" am thankful for ___." Today I accomplished ____.
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Don't miss this NZ first in Art Awards -
NZAG Art Awards 2008
When: Opening night and award ceremony - Fri Feb 1st 6:30pm - All Welcome - Free entry
Where: Bruce Mason Centre, Takapuna Beach, North Shore City, Auckland
The NZ Art Guild is holding it's first annual art Awards at the Bruce Mason Centre in February 2008. Come and see what NZ Artists have to offer and join us in this exciting inaugural event.
If you can't make the awards ceremony, don't worry, the exhibition will run for the entire month of February so stop by anytime. Remember to tell all your friends and family about it - this will be an exhibition NOT to miss!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
ONE. **Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.**
TWO. **Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older,their conversational skills will be as important as any other. **
THREE. **Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep allyou want. **
FOUR. **When you say, 'I love you,' mean it. **
FIVE. **When you say, 'I'm sorry,' look the person in the eye. **
SIX. **Be engaged at least six months before you get married. **
SEVEN. **Believe in love at first sight.**
EIGHT. **Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't havedreams don't have much. **
NINE. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's theonly way to live life completely. **
TEN.. **In disagreements, fight fairly.. No name calling. **
ELEVEN.** Don't judge people by their relatives.**
TWELVE. **Talk slowly but think quickly.**
THIRTEEN. **When someone asks you a question you don't want toanswer, smile and ask, 'Why do you want to know?' **
FOURTEEN. **Remember that great love and great achievements involvegreat risk. **
FIFTEEN. **Say 'bless you' when you hear someone sneeze. **
SIXTEEN.. **When you lose, don't lose the lesson.**
SEVENTEEN. **Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions. **
EIGHTEEN. **Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship. **
NINETEEN. **When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediatesteps to correct it. **
TWENTY. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it inyour voice. **
TWENTY- ONE. **Spend some time alone.**
Thursday, January 17, 2008
"Art on Walls" & "Art on Wheels" Art on Walls = Hung Artworks on Canvas etc... and Art on Wheels = Classic Cars ... For Sale ... like E type Jags, Lotus , TVR just to name a few....
I am so excited to be involved with this and can't wait for the Grand Opening !! We're flying down from Auckland for this - all the artists exhibtion will be there! Great opportunity to meet them and to view amazing artwork.
"THE GARAGE & GALLERY"
262 Turam Street
Ph: 365 6641
Monday 21st January 2008
6pm - 8pm
Contemporary Art by
and myself .....
The Garage and Gallery
Art On Wheels and Art On Walls
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
I received this via email a couple of days ago .....
I AM THANKFUL:
FOR THE WIFE WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT, BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME, AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.
FOR THE HUSBAND WHO IS ON THE SOFA BEING A COUCH POTATO, HE IS HOME WITH ME & NOT OUT AT THE BARS.
FOR THE TEENAGER WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHES , IT MEANS SHE IS AT HOME, NOT ON THE STREETS.
FOR THE TAXES I PAY IT MEANS I AM EMPLOYED .
FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.
FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG IT MEANS I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.
FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK IT MEANS I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE
FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING, WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING, AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING. IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME .
FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT IT MEANS WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
FOR THE PARKING SPOT I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING & I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION .
FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL IT MEANS I AM WARM.
FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH WHO SINGS OFF KEY. IT MEANS I CAN HEAR.
FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING IT MEANS I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.
FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES AT THE END OF THE DAY IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.
FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS. IT MEANS I AM ALIVE.
REMEMBER: Live well, Laugh often, & Love with all of your heart!