To view more of Sophia's art go to

www.sophia-elise.artistwebsites.com/ or

to purchase prints and cards of her artwork go to

www.fineartamerica.com/shop/sophia-elise.html


If you see an artwork on this website that you like but it's already sold - please contact Sophia as she does commissions.





Sunday, December 7, 2008

Have you been the recipient

of a random act of kindness?

I would love for readers to share their story's just as Chavah has on her blog (listed in the post below)

I think Christmas is a great time to reflect on our blessings - to feel gratitude - and to remember .... I have been very privileged in the friends that I have who have always been supportive and caring - they have huge hearts ... but one story I would like to share from this year is about a fabulous artist friend of mine Tony Brown (now he would be ducking for cover if he knew I was writing this as hes such a humble person who does many acts of kindness with out a second thought ... )

Earlier this year a friend of mine was having some struggles with depression and self esteem - Tony had only met her once - and asked me if I thought she would like one of his paintings ... I said she would be stoked ... so we agreed I would take some photos of her without her knowing why .. then he created an incredible artwork for her - a portrait with Maori words carved into it ... to remind her that she is beautiful inside and out and very much loved by everyone. We then surprised her by delivering it unannounced. Now Tony's generosity of spirit completely overwhelmed me (and her of course!) he didn't know her - but obviously felt for her - he spent many hours creating this artwork - using his own materials and he did it just simply to bring joy to her life and to give her hope for a brighter future ... Now that's a random act of kindness ....

No comments: