To view more of Sophia's art go to

www.sophia-elise.artistwebsites.com/ or

to purchase prints and cards of her artwork go to

www.fineartamerica.com/shop/sophia-elise.html


If you see an artwork on this website that you like but it's already sold - please contact Sophia as she does commissions.





Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fractured - red abstract painting


Title: Fractured
Media: Acrylic on canvas - all the dots are hand painted in grey, black and white on a deep red background
Size: 30cm x 30cm
For Sale at the Mercure Hotel, Customs St, Auckland

I've been busy creating 4 small new artworks for the Mercure Hotel in Hobson Street, Auckland These will be exhibited in their restaurant from Sept 8th til Dec 8th. The Restaurant is at the top of the Hotel and has stunning harbour and city views.



This artwork is one of my dotty paintings - quite a different design from my others - its called fractured - which is how I'm feeling at the moment a bit - so many projects on the go - and many commitments - that I'm pulled in so many directions ....



My friend sent me this quote today - I think shes trying to tell me something ;-) I think I might just heed the advice - thanks :-)



Rest when you're weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work. - Ralph Marston‏

3 comments:

Kay said...

If you look closely at your work you will find a woman in there, giving off energy inmany directions. But yes, perhaps a little frazzled. Why don't you paint her again, and see what comes out from her this time?

Melissa Muirhead said...

This one really has impact Sophia, can't wait to see it in life on Monday when we hang at the Mercure.

Melissa xxx

Sophia Elise said...

HI Kay, That's a great way to look at it - rather than being pulled in many directions - giving energy in many directions - I will have another go at painting her - thank you :-) xx

Hi Melissa, Thanks so much for your comment. Am just trying to decide whether to resin them or not - looking forward to hanging all the new art at the hotels on Monday :-) xx