To view more of Sophia's art go to

www.sophia-elise.artistwebsites.com/ or

to purchase prints and cards of her artwork go to

www.fineartamerica.com/shop/sophia-elise.html


If you see an artwork on this website that you like but it's already sold - please contact Sophia as she does commissions.





Thursday, July 23, 2009

Melodious Art Exhibition

Well nothing like an exhibition coming up to prompt you into finding time to paint ... and amazingly enough - I had my first "quiet day" all year ... no urgent business to attend, no phone calls, no texts, minimal emails, and no meetings. Seems like the gods were smiling on me.

Over the next few days I will share each of my creations with you.

I actually ended up combining the NZ Art Guild fortnightly challenge with the melodious art challenge.

The NZ Art Guild challenge was to create artworks with the them "Memory"using a limited palette of colour - black, white and two colours (could be any tonal variations of there)

The Melodious art Challenge gave us 4 pieces of music to create artwork to - I just love the innovation of this idea - thanks to Uxbridge Creative Centre in Howick and Melissa their Curator for inviting me to participate in this.




Artist: Sophia Elise
Title: Dance of Life
Media: Acrylic
Size: 30cm x 40cm
SOLD
Inspired by: I walk the Line – Johnny Cash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7K4jH7NqUw&feature=related
Limited Palette of: Red, Black and White

No comments: