To view more of Sophia's art go to

www.sophia-elise.artistwebsites.com/ or

to purchase prints and cards of her artwork go to

www.fineartamerica.com/shop/sophia-elise.html


If you see an artwork on this website that you like but it's already sold - please contact Sophia as she does commissions.





Thursday, January 18, 2007

SORRY GUYS!




Have had huge dramas the last few days...and havent been able to get near the paints. Feel really gutted about it because I was so inspired.....have posted another painting of mine instead, called "Life" .... seemed appropriate ....
TITLE: Life
MEDIA: Acrylic, fabric and resin on canvas
SIZE: 30cm x 60cm x 3.5cm

Here are the three quotes that I was planning on using for the 16th, 17th and 18th.


16th: "A friend is a person with whom I can be sincere. Before him I may think aloud" - Ralph Wald Emerson


17th: "You have it easily in your power to increase the sum of this world's happiness now. How? By giving a few words of sincere appreciation to someone who is lonely or discouraged. Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime" - Dale Carnegie


18th: "Sincere forgiveness isnt coloured with the expectations that the other person apologize or change. Don't worry wether they finally understand you. Love them and release them. Life feeds backtruth to people in its own way and time" - Sara Paddison

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this painting Sophia.... very cool... hopefully it wont take long to get back into the swing of things again... look forward to catching up with ur new paintings. cheers D :-)

Moira Marshall said...

I hope your inspiration returns soon Sophia, take a deep breath and find your way through.
Best wishes to you, Moira.

Sophia Elise said...

Hi Donna, Thanks so much. I love this paitning too....one of my personal favourites inspired by Rothko but adding in my own love of texture. I started a couple of paintings last night we'll see how they go. Life seems to have a habit of getting away on you at times. :)

Sophia Elise said...

Hi Moira! Always great to hear from you and appreciate your support. Have tried to paint away some of the stress and my current theme for this month is very apt! lol I've decided to take away the pressure I was putting on myself about making sure I have a painting to list every day at the moment. Sometimes life takes a 180 and you have to re examine priorities. Hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things soon! :)