To view more of Sophia's art go to

www.sophia-elise.artistwebsites.com/ or

to purchase prints and cards of her artwork go to

www.fineartamerica.com/shop/sophia-elise.html


If you see an artwork on this website that you like but it's already sold - please contact Sophia as she does commissions.





Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Truth # 5




TITLE: Truth # 5 (23/01/07)
MATERIALS: Acrylic on canvas
SIZE: 15cm x 15cm x 3.5cm
NOT FOR SALE
This was specifically painted for my 5yr old daughter Maria. She just loves these dot paintings. So she commissioned me to do one...payment in kisses and hugs! Initially she wanted circles..then she wanted all of the ones I had done previously..then lastly she asked for stick people!! lol I steered her more towards designs than people....in the end she settled for one similar to a previous one. But in her colours...purple...pink...metallic white and metallic gold

All the dots are hand painted by brush. AWFUL photo again!...taken at night in bad lighting again! I must learn to paint earlier in the day....hehehe

The quote for this artwork is a phrase my mother taught me form a young age.... "Be true to yourself" or "to thine own self be true" (if she was feeling in a more proper mood!) It took me well into my adult years to really truly understand this...and into my 30's to put it into practice. I hope my daughter can learn faster than I did!

She's got a fiercely independent streak...which is slowly being replaced with a desperate need to be a people pleaser (this is an all too common trait in women today) I want her to be true to herself.... be who you are...not who you think people want you to be...don't put on a facade because you're scared people won't like the real you... don't do things that don't sit right with you just so that you don't rock the boat and somone will love you... don't loose yourself...don't supress who you are...don't be scared to be you...you are a fantastic individual with a bright future ahead of you...! "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather that to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence" Fredrick Douglass.

To my angel...take this message with you always...love mummy xx

To mum..thanks for the pearls of wisdom...which you may have thought I would never truly understand...put into practice or realise...but I want you to know that I have...Love you xx (bet you never thought it would pass down generations! hehehe)

No comments: