To view more of Sophia's art go to

www.sophia-elise.artistwebsites.com/ or

to purchase prints and cards of her artwork go to

www.fineartamerica.com/shop/sophia-elise.html


If you see an artwork on this website that you like but it's already sold - please contact Sophia as she does commissions.





Monday, February 19, 2007

Earnest # 4




Ok...I didnt paint this form scratch....I reworked an older one that just wasnt working for me...actually I'm doing that a bit lately...sick of the unfinshed ones sitting looking at me....
And I reworked it again in April - Added resin to it and it really bought out the depth of colour
TITLE: Earnest # 4 (04/01/07)
MATERIALS: Acrylic on canvas
SIZE: 20cm x 20cm x 3.5cm
GIFTED - To a very special friend for their birthday - thankyou for being my jester :) xx

Painted in red and yellow. There is a subtle curved pattern dotted through it in metallic gold then surrounded by black dots.

The quote is written on the side and reads "Act in earnest and you will become earnest in all you do" - William James

No comments: