To view more of Sophia's art go to

www.sophia-elise.artistwebsites.com/ or

to purchase prints and cards of her artwork go to

www.fineartamerica.com/shop/sophia-elise.html


If you see an artwork on this website that you like but it's already sold - please contact Sophia as she does commissions.





Thursday, June 5, 2008

Facebook - Connections

Title: Connections
Size: 20cm x 20cm
Media: Acrylic on canvas
SOLD
All the dots are handpainted by brush.

Since joining facebook I'm even more gobsmacked by the 6 degrees of separation we seem to have with other people - in fact in NZ it seems way smaller than 6 degrees! Not only that I'm finding it a great way to meet other artists - and also a great way to promote events and keep in touch with some people that are usually rather hard to keep in touch with.

However there is a down side to facebook - all these applications that someone like me doesn't full grasp ... in fact inadvertently - don't ask me how - but last week I somehow managed to invite everyone in my address book to be my friend on facebook - this is over 300 people - including all my business contacts, the mayor, my ex husband, my lawyer etc - ok laugh if you have to - everyone else who has heard this story has - but I tell you - having to apologise and explain to everyone what happened is not only time consuming but a tad humiliating - it did however have the upside of doubling my friend number on facebook and introducing a lot more people to it - including tipping my "staunchly against facebook" cousin into joining ;) hehehe

Now the one and only reason I actually joined in the first place was because I read an article about promoting yourself as an artist on the net and it said that facebook was a great way to do it.

No comments: