To view more of Sophia's art go to

www.sophia-elise.artistwebsites.com/ or

to purchase prints and cards of her artwork go to

www.fineartamerica.com/shop/sophia-elise.html


If you see an artwork on this website that you like but it's already sold - please contact Sophia as she does commissions.





Friday, May 30, 2008

Strength


For my birthday two of my friends (who are both artists) gave me gifts that symbolised strength. One is the painting below - the other is this most beautiful book mark made of metal with stained glass wings.
My friend Melissa Muirhead (who gave me this) told me that dragonflies are said to be the symbol of renewal after a time of hardship in native American beliefs. In Japan they are symbols of courage, strength and happiness.
Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. -Rabindranath Tagore

No comments: