To view more of Sophia's art go to

www.sophia-elise.artistwebsites.com/ or

to purchase prints and cards of her artwork go to

www.fineartamerica.com/shop/sophia-elise.html


If you see an artwork on this website that you like but it's already sold - please contact Sophia as she does commissions.





Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Beauty

Happily may I walk.
May it be beautiful before me.
May it be beautiful behind me.
May it be beautiful below me.
May it be beautiful above me.
May it be beautiful all around me.
In beauty it is finished.

~ Navajo prayer ~



This poem may be simple - but its very profound. You think about it - it's a statement of fact. We really are surrounded by beauty. As we know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but look closely - your life does have elements of beauty before, behind, above and below you - in your surroundings, in your experiences .....

And remember of course that beauty also lies within you ....

Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart ~ Kahlil Gibran

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within ~ Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes you are so very right, I am surrounded by beauty hehe :-) and every day I remind myself how lucky I am.