To view more of Sophia's art go to

www.sophia-elise.artistwebsites.com/ or

to purchase prints and cards of her artwork go to

www.fineartamerica.com/shop/sophia-elise.html


If you see an artwork on this website that you like but it's already sold - please contact Sophia as she does commissions.





Friday, April 18, 2008

Forgiveness


Title: Pieces of Me
Media: Mixed media, acrylic and resin
Size: 25cm x 25cm
For Sale: $80 contact sophia@sophiaelise.co.nz
Painted in black, red and metallic gold
In August my friend Donna Steel came and visited and I was giving her lessons on how to create abstract art. This was a hilarious session for her given that she was predominantly a landcape artist. So we concentrated on loosening up her style, dry brushing and just letting go. During the session we had together we played around with hesian fabric as a texture. This was one of the pieces I created - it's been waiting for over 7 months to have resin applied!!!
FORGIVENESS
Forgiveness doesn’t mean you don’t remember your hurts. It’s something that you choose to do in spite of your pain. You need to be bigger than your hurt inner child and bigger than your raging ego. Be realistic - don’t expect pain to go away because it won’t straight away. That always takes time. True forgiveness is whole hearted and doesn’t look back - it is about continuing with your lifes’ journey.

"Don’t wait to feel in the mood to forgive. Take yourself in hand and set out toward the serenity you seek. Forgiveness is your choice to make." - Toni Sciarra Poynter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I cannot forgive myself
For all the blunders
That I have made
Over the years,
Then how can I proceed?
How can I ever
Dream perfection-dreams?
Move, I must, forward.
Fly, I must, upward.
Dive, I must, inward,
To be once more
What I truly am
And shall forever remain.