To view more of Sophia's art go to

www.sophia-elise.artistwebsites.com/ or

to purchase prints and cards of her artwork go to

www.fineartamerica.com/shop/sophia-elise.html


If you see an artwork on this website that you like but it's already sold - please contact Sophia as she does commissions.





Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New Horizons


Title: New Horizons (2004)
Media: Acrylic
Size: 40cm x60cm
SOLD

I was talking with one of my work colleagues today and he was saying that reading my blog has helped him look at things differently - and even think about things - about himself and his life - and encouraged him to make changes. It was a great feeling to know that something I could say on here could make a differenc in someones life. This person has changed so much in the few years I've known him and has been an inspiration to several other people I work with. Personally I admire you for having the courage to recognise you needed to make changes and then for following through with them. The title cetainly reflects your life - new horizons :-)

As I said the other day - we are a process and the key to that process is learning. We need our past to create our future. Everything in our lives is an opportunity for learning.

I've summarised what Anne Wilson Schaeff said - Mistakes are simply doors for learning and for moving on. Often our most painful experiences actually open doors that have to be opened in order for us to take our next steps. Sometimes we have to walk over what seems to be a bed of hot coals to reach the door but once we reach the other side, the learning is there. Lessons are taught through struggle, pain, trila and tribulation - they are very important teachers.

"Patterns of the past echo in the present and resound through the future" - Dhyani Ywahoo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's so many sayings out there, that are so common , we hear then all the time, that they they just dont register anymore, then you come across some that hit home, you relate too, you sit back and think about what you have been through, and where you are going.
Making changes to your life is not easy, people can tell you this and tell you that, but at the end of the day, you have to make the changes. I first looked at this blogg to see the artwork, and found myself relating to alot of the inspirational comments.
Two years ago i was a wreck and slowly going down, i now have hope and dreams and looking forward to many exciting changes that i have in place.

Patrick.

Sophia Elise said...

Hi Patrick, Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :-) I'm so pleased that my blog has helped in some way to improve your life ... like you said though - it has to come from within and it's not easy... I'm sure the best is yet to come :-)